Phong Nha National Park – Paradise Cave – Eight Ladies Cave – Tra Ang River Cave – Jungle BBQ – 1D
Phong Nha Ke Bang National Park is a popular destination. The area is the cave hot spot of Vietnam and an area with pristine rain forest where parts of the original Ho Chi Minh Trail lead through. Definitely a place that should be on your Vietnam travel list. This new and exciting Jungle Trek Adventure is one of the best Phong Nha – Ke Bang National Park Experience!
Enjoy a very warm welcome from your tour guide who will guide you through this stunning piece of Vietnam.
- Itinerary Details
- What’s included?
- What’s excluded?
- What do I need to bring?
- Useful information
- Adventure level
Paradise Cave – Eight Ladies Cave – Tra Ang River Cave – Jungle BBQ
08:00 – 08:30 Pick-up at the hotels in Phong Nha
08:35 Depart for Paradise Cave by van
09:00 Arrive at Paradise cave
09:00 -11:00 Visit Paradise cave
11:00 Depart for Eight Lady Cave (Hang Tám Cô) by van
11:15 – 12:20 Visit Eight Lady Cave
12:30- 13:00 Start trekking into the jungle to reach Tra Ang cave
13:00 Stop for lunch
14:00 Swim into Tra Ang cave to explore 600m Tra Ang cave
16:00 Arrive at Ho Chi Minh road,
16:30 Enjoy cold drink on Ho Chi Minh road
17:00 – 17:30 Drive back Phong Nha and you are dropped off at your hotel. Tour ends.
The day starts by visiting the spectacular Paradise Cave, a must-see cave in the National Park. Take in the cave’s beauty while our tour guide gives you information about the impressive formations. The tour continues with a trip to the 8 Ladies Cave and War Martyr Memorial. In this cave 8 people were trapped during a bombing. Let our guides tell you the whole story and learn about some of the history and traditions of Vietnam. The highlight of the trip is Tra Ang Cave. You’ll have a short trek through the jungle where you will be greeted with a BBQ lunch prepared by our porters in an untouched environment. After lunch you can have a fun and relaxing swim in the crystal waters of Hang Tra Ang, before trekking out for the drive home.
- Adventure local tour guide & Porter support team
- Pick-up and drop-off at any local hotels in Phong Nha
- Entrance fees (400.000VND/ person to national park & 250.000VND/ person to Paradise cave)
- Caving and safety equipment: caving helmet, caving headlight, life jacket, gloves
- Local BBQ lunch
- Use of basic trekking canvas shoes size 36 to 45 (only if you don’t have your own pair)
- Use of medium towel
- Purified water (partially carried by your own and the porter team)
- First Aid kit (application by guides and porters only)
- Secure storage at Headquarter office for guests’ luggage you do not need for the trek
- All prices include of government value added tax
- Tips and personal expenses
- Travel insurance
- All not indicated in our itinerary
- 1 long easy-to-dry pants and 1 long sleeved shirt to wear during the trek (highly recommend to avoid leeches and poison ivies)
- Swim suites
- 1 pair of trekking boots/shoes (Please prepare to get wet or we provide basic canvas shoes)
- Water proof bag for your phone and camera
- 1 pair of calf-length densely woven socks (not ankle socks)
- Personal items: mosquito repellent, sunglasses, hat, camera
- Travel insurance
Note: We hold the right to make alternative changes on the program due to unexpected weather condition.
Specific food requests
Please let us know if you have specific eating restrictions, allergic for certain things or if you are vegetarian, we can take that into account during the trips.
- Duration: 1 Full Day
- Adventure Level: Easy to moderate
- Minimum age: 6 years old
- Departure: Daily join-in group (Private tour on request)
- Group size: Requirement of 2 persons to operate
Especially for the north and central Vietnam;
In the period between November and April, the weather is variable, from sunny to cold and rainy. It is advisable during this period to bring some rain gear with some warmer clothes. In the period from April to November, it is good to pack a hat with a wide brim, sunscreen (at least SPF15) and a reliable insect repellent. A thin rain poncho is useful all year round.
The south of Vietnam is generally a lot warmer all year round, so warm clothing is not really necessary.
Get Up And Go Vietnam does everything to make your trip an unforgettable experience. Unfortunately, we have no control over weather conditions. Our apologies for that!
The trip is considered easy for anyone who is physically active, familiar to outdoor activities and basic trekking experienced. It is also a perfect option for family adventure.
- 5km trekking through thick jungle
- 600m swimming in the cave (optional and due to weather permit)
What do I need to know?
During the period March to November it will good to pack your swimming gear, a towel, a wide-brimmed hat, sunscreen (at least SPF15), a reliable insect repellent, toiletries, a camera and lots of batteries. Warm clothing for the cooler months of November to March is advised. How much luggage can I take? Your vehicle has limited space so please keep your luggage to a maximum of 15kgs in a backpack or soft over-night bag and include a small day pack to hand carry for easy access to camera, sunscreen, water etc. Inhibitions can be left in the luggage storage rooms at your hotel with your other unwanted baggage.
Get Up and Go Vietnam is doing all possible to make your journey and travel experience an unforgettable one. Weather conditions, we unfortunately cannot control. Our apologies for that!