Duration: 2 days & 1 night (Tu Lan jungle camp in hammocks)
Adventure Level: Easy for physically active guests (swimming necessary)
Availability: Every Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday (operates from mid-November to mid-September)
Small Group Tours: 2 pax - 8 pax (Require minimum of 2 persons to operate)
Minimum Age: 16 years old
Tu Lan Cave Encounter is easy for anyone who considers themselves physically t and participates in regular outdoor activities, and moderate for anyone with limited outdoor experience. Please make sure that your health is suitable for these activities with ease, you have some basic trekking experience and be able to swim before taking part in the adventure.
• 12 km jungle and mountain trekking, rocky terrain
• 3 km caving
• 1 km swimming in caves (from 200m - 500m each cave)
• Elevation change up to 150m (between valley and top of mountain)
• 2 days and 1 night in jungle and caves.
Oxalis Adventure Tours staff (cave expert or guide) reserves the right to decline, accept or retain any person as a member of any party at any time without compensation or refund due to safety issue.
We will provide you with the following:
• Camping gear: hammock/tent, camp light, sleeping bag
• Caving & safety gear: caving helmet, caving headlight, life jacket, gloves
• Light PVC backpack (if you do not want to take your own, as it will get wet)
• Dry bag (for clothing and personal belongings excl. electronics)
• Basic canvas trekking boots (only if you do not have your own pair) sizes 36 - 46
• Meals: picnic lunches, breakfast (day 2), dinner (day 1)
• Professional English-speaking tour guide and guide safety assistant
• Porter team to carry all camping gear and prepare all meals
• Shared dry box for phones and small cameras (limited availability for larger cameras)
• Katadyn (Swiss-made) water lter and purier (used only by guide and porters)
• Basic camping facilities with eco-friendly compost toilet using western toilet seat
• First Aid Kit and Medical Rescue Equipment (application by guides and porters only
Please also bring with you the following:
• 1 long (easy to dry) pants and 1 long sleeved shirt to wear during the trek (quick dry)
• 1 pair of shorts and t-shirt to wear at campsite plus your swim suit.
• 1 pair of trekking boots/shoes (if you prefer your own comfortable pair)
• 1 pair of ip op (sandals) for campsite
• 1 medium size towel
• 2-3 pairs of calf length close weave socks (not ankle socks!)
• Personal items: mosquito repellent, sunglasses, hat, camera, underwear, toiletries
If you are trekking in the colder months (December – March) please bring additional warm clothes for the evening and an extra change of long pants and shirt for swimming.